Time: New York Wed, Dec 3rd, 2 PM ET, Paris 8 PM CET, Sydney Thu, Dec 4th 6 AM AEDTRecap
- Go to chat main page
Dedicated Hosts: @pkmchat
Moderators: @brunowinck, @kneaver
Questions will come from @pkmchat, you may want to reply to @pkmchat to prevent your tweets to disturb your followers.
Venue: Twitter, your favorite tool
Dress Code: GIFs, Memes and pancakes are OK
See you there!
Dedicated Hosts: @pkmchat
Let’s get to the point: Are MOOCs bringing any good?
MOOCs stands for Massive Open Online Course like coursera.com ,novoed.com ,edx.org . They covers tons of topics often by top experts in their field. However a controversy started on their efficiency, ability to scale or negative impact it could cause to other form of education.
It seems that MOOCs are here to stay. They are now part of the educational landscape. Changes will happen also. Many MOOCs plateforms are now trying to introduce ways to find some revenues while other types of MOOCs are emerging.
Online education and how it fits in the arsenal of the Self Directed Learner (SDL) or life long learner is due to come as recurrent topic. Since we have different experience let’s try to focus on sharing what was experienced and gained by our participants.
Did you attend, register for a MOOC? Did you enjoy it, did you learn something?
Do you have any recommendation on the style of MOOCs, the plateform.
Best practices to follow a MOOCs. Schedule, Posse, Network.
Best practices to retain from a MOOCs. taking notes, downloading stuff.
PKMChat being about Personal Knowledge Management encompass Knowledge lifecycle in general. Our first chat was about learning, acquiring Knowledge. Our second is about sharing it. Week after weeks we will switch from one end of the lifecycle to another while exploring all the channels that could be used: social, formal, writing, videos. Feel free to suggest topics by tweeting to @pkmchat.
Several of our participants to #PKMChat are eminent specialists of MOOCs. I hope they will join.
Have an idea for a link or questions, feed free to suggest in the comments or tweet @PKMChat
This is the first Take on MOOCs, Massive Online Open Courses
- Q1: Share MOOCs you attended Add details on the type of MOOC
- Q2: Drawbacks of MOOCs? precise if u experienced it or heard about, read about it anticipate or rumors
- Q3: Benefits of MOOCs? same details\nWhat caracterizes MOOCs
- Q4: Did you share, write on it? Did it help you learn more? Did U share results, assignements? Did you share on your experience? Did you share your takeaways?
- Q5: Did you network, meet co-learners How did it happened? Did it help you learn more? Did it last?
- Q6: Any tips you wish to share? To find/select MOOCs To follow, schedule, organize? To retain, keep takeaways\nTo share experience?
- NB: Questions are subject to change without notice until last minute.
Let's continue the discussion, join our Group on Facebook